TBD Dynasty Baseball
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MiLB Details

5 posters

Go down

MiLB Details Empty MiLB Details

Post by MustacheToes Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:14 pm

You can only call a player up if he has been called up in real life, you can also only send a player down if he has also been sent down to the minors. You do not have to call a player up that has been called up in real life though.

Also, if a player is on the DL and you had called him up, you can not send him down because he is on the MLB DL.

You can not roster more then 12 MiLB players once the 2009 season begins. You may up until opening day though, but you will need to have one of them called up, drop them, or trade them away to make the proper lineup specifications.

MustacheToes
MustacheToes

Back to top Go down

MiLB Details Empty Re: MiLB Details

Post by smk1363 Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:30 pm

Here's a question: Are we going to be able to add/drop minor leaguers mid-season like in EBHD? I'm not suggesting we have a $$ amount but I think it definitely makes it more competitive. For example, I picked up Logan Morrison, Jhoulys Chacin, and Mike Stanton throughout the year, because I took the chance on them. If we didn't have season milb moves, they'd be subject to our off-season draft, which kind of takes most of the skill out of it.
smk1363
smk1363

Back to top Go down

Post by HighLanderZ Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:40 pm

smk1363 wrote:Here's a question: Are we going to be able to add/drop minor leaguers mid-season like in EBHD? I'm not suggesting we have a $$ amount but I think it definitely makes it more competitive. For example, I picked up Logan Morrison, Jhoulys Chacin, and Mike Stanton throughout the year, because I took the chance on them. If we didn't have season milb moves, they'd be subject to our off-season draft, which kind of takes most of the skill out of it.

I would be in favor of this.
HighLanderZ
HighLanderZ

Back to top Go down

Post by RotoRaysfan Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:35 pm

HighLanderZ wrote:
smk1363 wrote:Here's a question: Are we going to be able to add/drop minor leaguers mid-season like in EBHD? I'm not suggesting we have a $$ amount but I think it definitely makes it more competitive. For example, I picked up Logan Morrison, Jhoulys Chacin, and Mike Stanton throughout the year, because I took the chance on them. If we didn't have season milb moves, they'd be subject to our off-season draft, which kind of takes most of the skill out of it.

I'm ok with a mid-season waiver, but with specific conditions - we do it 1 time, and only players that are active milb players, and no 2009 MLB draftees are eligible - otherwise the next year's draft would be worthless.

Back to family time!

RotoRaysfan

Back to top Go down

Post by smk1363 Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:41 pm

RotoRaysfan wrote:
HighLanderZ wrote:

I'm ok with a mid-season waiver, but with specific conditions - we do it 1 time, and only players that are active milb players, and no 2009 MLB draftees are eligible - otherwise the next year's draft would be worthless.

Back to family time!

Well yeah, in EBHD people were able to bid on 2008 draftees at the time of the draft. I think people should be rewarded for knowing about a prospect before they break out, otherwise, it basically evens it out too much so there isn't as much skill. The way I look at it, ANYONE can look at BA's top prospects lists and draft, but jumping on board someone before they break out takes a little more personal knowledge. I would be extremely disappointed if we couldn't add MiLB players throughout the season. I guess we COULD do something along the lines of not being able to pick up 2009 draftees and having them be subject to the next draft, but everyone else should be fair game.
smk1363
smk1363

Back to top Go down

Post by RotoRaysfan Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:59 pm

smk1363 wrote:
RotoRaysfan wrote:
HighLanderZ wrote:

Back to family time!

Well yeah, in EBHD people were able to bid on 2008 draftees at the time of the draft. I think people should be rewarded for knowing about a prospect before they break out, otherwise, it basically evens it out too much so there isn't as much skill. The way I look at it, ANYONE can look at BA's top prospects lists and draft, but jumping on board someone before they break out takes a little more personal knowledge. I would be extremely disappointed if we couldn't add MiLB players throughout the season. I guess we COULD do something along the lines of not being able to pick up 2009 draftees and having them be subject to the next draft, but everyone else should be fair game.

Your point is taken about skill being rewarded, but in the interests of keeping the league somewhat balanced, I would strongly vote against any inclusion of current-year draftees (i.e. 2009 MLB draftees are off limits). Sure, it means that owners with less knowledge catch up, but let's face it, a league where only the MILB sharks load up, well I could easily see a league that starts to select itself out of only the most hardcore MILB-centric ownership. For the long-term health of the league, having some balance (and yes, it means that it does level the playing field) is good.

And FWIW, I'm obviously one of the MILB nuts, I've just been in leagues that weed out all but the most hardcore, which is fine if that's the goal - but I think it's hard to sustain in a 20-team format. I'd be one of the first guys picking the best players - last year I would have cleared both Beckhams & Smoak right away and swung it so if I could only get 1, I'd trade assets to get the other 2 from other owners interested in the here & now in 2008. The end result would be a terribly weak 2009 draft, and ironically the mid-season draft would be better, since a new draft class would come in. I just don't think the start-of-year draft should be weaker than the mid-year one would be, which would definitely be the case if we included current year draftees.

(Plus, we do have 20 owners, so maybe we'll find out >10 don't want a midseason draft - but as one who would be in favor, I'd strongly argue against current year MLB draftees for the reasons above, if we're discussing it now).

RotoRaysfan

Back to top Go down

Post by smk1363 Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:02 pm

I agree with that...I said I'd be fine leaving the draftees off limits until the draft. My point was, pretend we started this league last year and Mike Stanton went undrafted. I personally think that it would suck to be forced to wait until a "draft" to get him on your squad. I think that MLB draftees of the year SHOULD be off limits though. My point is about current MiLB players who simply went undrafted in our league
smk1363
smk1363

Back to top Go down

Post by RotoRaysfan Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:05 pm

smk1363 wrote:I agree with that...I said I'd be fine leaving the draftees off limits until the draft. My point was, pretend we started this league last year and Mike Stanton went undrafted. I personally think that it would suck to be forced to wait until a "draft" to get him on your squad. I think that MLB draftees of the year SHOULD be off limits though. My point is about current MiLB players who simply went undrafted in our league

Yep, agreed there...although ideally it would be nice if we had a large majority, but I see no problem with that.

P.S. I think the off-limits extends to all 2009 signees - e.g. Michael Inoa goes undrafted in our MILB in 2008, he doesn't get drafted mid-season in 2008 either.

RotoRaysfan

Back to top Go down

Post by smk1363 Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:15 pm

agreed
smk1363
smk1363

Back to top Go down

Post by spundin Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:17 pm

RotoRaysfan wrote:
smk1363 wrote:I agree with that...I said I'd be fine leaving the draftees off limits until the draft. My point was, pretend we started this league last year and Mike Stanton went undrafted. I personally think that it would suck to be forced to wait until a "draft" to get him on your squad. I think that MLB draftees of the year SHOULD be off limits though. My point is about current MiLB players who simply went undrafted in our league

Yep, agreed there...although ideally it would be nice if we had a large majority, but I see no problem with that.

P.S. I think the off-limits extends to all 2009 signees - e.g. Michael Inoa goes undrafted in our MILB in 2008, he doesn't get drafted mid-season in 2008 either.

*writes down name to pick at back end*

JK

I was there to help deliver that man child when he was born.

So I'm guessing all instructional and Short season guys that go undrafted would fall into the Inoa category (Only eligible for 2009 draft) or just signees from 2008?
spundin
spundin

Back to top Go down

Post by MustacheToes Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:06 am

This is all fine and cool with me, just want to run it by Boz and PF first. If we do add/drop them, no draftees of that year will be eligible to be picked up like previously stated.
MustacheToes
MustacheToes

Back to top Go down

Post by smk1363 Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 am

No problems here Ray, just wanted to clear everything up before the year gets going.
smk1363
smk1363

Back to top Go down

Post by RotoRaysfan Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Please note the rule changes for 2010!

Rule Changes for 2010 - RRF

We will increase the total number of keeper spots to 15 total spots for 2010.

Once a player occupying a MILB spot is called up to the MLB in real-life, they can remain in their MILB spot or be activated into an active/bench spot. Once that player is activated into an active/bench roster spot, they can't be sent down to a team MILB spot unless they are demoted to the MILB in real-life.

Any player who is demoted to the minors in real-life (except for the MILB-only players who were acquired in-season in 2009) can be slotted into a MILB spot. In the case of a callup in real-life, all players in MILB spots are exempt from roster decisions, provided the maximum number of keepers spots is not exceeded.

If a keeper player ends the season in an active roster spot and on the MLB roster (or MLB DL) at the end of the season (or in the last season in which they were playing in real-life), they cannot be sent to a team MILB spot until an official demotion to the MILB occurs. Conversely, while a player who is occupying an active/bench MLB spot can be kept there if they are sent to the MILB in real-life, once they are moved to a team MILB spot, that player can only be promoted into an active/bench spot on team rosters when a real-life promotion to the MLB occurs. For all rostered players, their MLB roster status at the end of the previous MLB regular season (or their last active season, in the case of real-life retired players/real-life free agents who are kept on league team rosters, e.g. Ben Sheets 2010) determines their eligibility for MILB/MLB status during the off-season until an official real-life roster decision is announced (and must be confirmed <not "probably" or "should", but hard confirmation> from a major news source - CBS, RW, Yahoo, ESPN, etc.). EDIT: For 2013, in keeping with the conversion to a simplified system - Fantrax will serve as the news source to confirm a *change in status* - lack of information will result in the status quo).

To clarify the situation that occurred last year and 2009's precedent was established - when a player is sent on a rehab assignment to the minor leagues while they are the DL, they are only eligible for the DL - as that remains their MLB status. They cannot be put into MILB spots, and must be kept in DL or reserve (or active) MLB spots. EDIT: Change for 2013 - Fantrax will now decide on Rehab assignment player DL/MILB status...

No team can exceed the maximum number of keeper spots at any time. If a MILB player is picked up through the bidding system or by trade and exceeds the maximum number of keepers spots, they have 24 hours to waive a player to meet the roster limits.

Players Who Cannot Ever Be Sent to MiLB spots

The following players were claimed on CBS's WW in 2009 when they were still in the MiLB in real-life - while all MiLB players from 2010 onwards can only be claimed by the MiLB Draft in the offseason and the MiLB Bidding System in-season, the 2009 players can be kept on team rosters, but ONLY in MLB spots (or MLB DL spots) - they can't occupy a MiLB spot, even if they are sent down to the MiLB in real-life. They are:

Derek Norris
Starlin Castro
Dan Hudson

Last edited by RotoRaysfan on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 am; edited 4 times in total

RotoRaysfan

Back to top Go down

Post by RotoRaysfan Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 am

"MISTAKE" MILB CALLUPS

As this has come up 2x, in recognizing that owners are always responsible for their own lineup moves, and that retroactive stat changes will not be considered, but also recognizing people can make mistakes (but need to correct immediately), the Commissioners wish to remind everyone that unlike DL status, Fantrax software controls for MILB spots are NOT enforced. This feature was deactivated to allow teams to keep minors players in MILB spots even if after they are promoted in real-life (but once they are promoted in real-life and in TBD lineups, they cannot be sent down again). We have had 2 episodes where teams have indicated they did not realize they called up a player. The past principle in TBD – no moves are reversed once they are made. However, in recognition that owners may make a software-related mistake (with iPhones, iPads, site freezing up), and recognize it immediately, the following principles are applied for what may qualify as a "mistaken" MILB call up:

1. MILB call up which is longer than 24 hours, or accumulates stats on team – NEVER reversed. Intent doesn't matter, sorry.
2. If any move that is made along with this "mistaken" MILB promotion, and those moves affects stats or lineups retroactively, then the entire move CANNOT be reversed – as we do not change any stats retroactively. In other words, if the "mistake call up" move was made with other roster moves that can't be changed because stats or legal lineups depend on it retroactively – we will NOT reverse the move.
3. If a call up is identified by owner as a "glitch", and the player has not accumulated stats on their team, and less than 24 hours have elapsed (as the owner will have not had multiple chances to notice the error in reviewing their next-day lineups), and any corresponding moves made at the same time does not affect lineup legality or stats retroactively - then it will be reversed.

Really, the best idea – don't make the mistake. But if you do, and recognize it right away, the above criteria for eligibility to reverse moves applies. The Commissioners have agreed for clarity and transparency, the above preserves the prior principles and rules established in prior years, but also allows flexibility for the difficulties with mobile app / interface operation, and the occasional internet glitch. Since this has now happened 2x this year, the Commissioners also agreed the above principles should be clear to the league going forward.

RotoRaysfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down